Monday, February 16, 2009

Using E-mail Signatures

E-mail signatures are a great way of getting all the information someone needs to get a hold you you.  For example, say you send an E-mail off to someone and you want them to call you.  Why would not you include your phone number with your signature, especially if you are a business.

As a business, I do not want a client to have to go digging through a phone book to find my phone number.  In my signature, I include the following:

Jeff Brown

www.alphacomputer.ca (my web site address)

(902)555-2600 (my phone number - not real in this case)

info@alphacomputer.ca (my E-mail address 0 - never take it for granted)

Having all this information in front of someone helps them contact you faster. And when it comes to a busy day, I appreciate people that help me get things done faster.

So think about using a signature in your E-mail.  I have even put one on my Blackberry.  Make it professional looking.

No comments: