Saturday, December 27, 2008

IPod Touch For Christmas

My daughter received an IPod Touch for Christmas and it was an extreme hit. But when it came to setting it up, all eyes went my way.  It was the same way with the TomTom navigation device as well as the new video camera.  When you know something about electronics, you become the go to guy.  One of the key things for all these devices, especially the IPod Touch was to read the set up instructions.  It's not good to fly by the seat of your pants when it comes to electronics.

I had to set up the Internet access for the IPod Touch as well as the general set up.  After it was all completed, I must say that I was impressed with the IPod Touch.  My daughter went right to YouTube and she was Instant Messaging with all her friends.  My thought summarized for this section is: as much of a pain as it is to read the set up instructions/manual, you will save yourself a lot of grief by using them.

By the way, if you received a wireless router this season, make sure you password protect it so that others can not get onto your Internet connection.  Have a great break everyone.

Looking for more information, check out my web site at: http://www.alphacomputer.ca .


No comments: